We want to share this with you from Grace Church. Check it out!
Aaarrrrgggghhh Mateys! Shiver me timbers, we had an ARGHmazing night for our Pirate SOAR R&R! We had 100 individuals with special needs (1 – 51 y/o), 78 siblings and 284 volunteers take part! The night was rated ARRRGH as Captain Jack Sparrow came and was a HUGE hit! We had several new SOAR families come for the first time as well as many new volunteers who served for the first time! We heard multiple stories of what a blessing the evening was to you. We loved seeing the smiles on the parents faces returning to pick up their kids, and the kids with huge smiles not wanting to go home! All of the pictures will be going on Facebook in the coming days! Please make sure you have shared your pictures with me by Sunday, July 5! We would love to have you “like” our Facebook page and review us.
Our next R&R will be back to Friday’s on Sep 11! We will have a Star Wars theme and the 501st Legion will be coming out in full force with several characters! We expect to fill up quickly! To RSVP please email SOAR@visitgracechurch.com and let us know. We are taking reservations now! Please don’t wait until the last minute, unfortunately we had to turn families away last night. don’t miss out.
We have multiple other opportunities for your family:
- Buddies offered during any of our weekend services.
- Student Ministry SOAR on Sunday evenings
- SOAR Adult Class on Sundays at 11. This is for individuals in Middle School and older
- Our next SOAR Family Support Group on Saturday Aug 15 from 530-645 pm It will be a talk on IEP’s and what you need to know.You need to RSVP at SOAR@visitgracechurch.com; we do provide child care.
- SOAR Special Needs Day Camp, sponsored by Variety KC, July 20-24. For 3 y/o as of Jan 1, 2015 and up. We only have 4 spots left! The cost is $100 for the entire week which also includes lunch and shirts. You must sign up online by clicking here!
- SOAR Mom’s Bunko Night – Friday, July 17, from 630-9pm in Room 133 at Grace – Bring your favorite snack and $5 and have a night of laughter, talking with other moms, and just time ot relax! If you can’t afford the $5, come anyway! RSVP with Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO childcare will be available. Prizes for biggest winner, biggest loser, and the most Bunkos!
- Special Day at the K – Sunday Sep 6 – Save the date, Come enjoy a Royals game as they honor Special Needs, SOAR, and Doc Hunsley with the Buck O’Neil Seats. Some very cool announcements coming soon! Watch your email in the coming days!
You can RSVP for any of these, please email SOAR@visitgracechurch.com and let us know.
Thank you again everyone! Be sure to be checking out our Facebook page: SOARSpecialNeedsMinistryatGraceChurch in the coming days for pictures from the evening! Also, please share your favorite part of the night on our Facebook page! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @SOARSpecialNeed and Instagram @SOARSpecialNeed. If you took pictures from the evening, please share them with me.
Thanks and God Bless
Doc and the SOAR Leadership Team
Stephen “Doc” Hunsley, M.D.
SOAR Special Needs and People Care Pastor