Whether you are new to HCBS waiver services or changing FMS providers, we will make the transition easy for you! We offer on-line enrollment processes for consumers and caregivers, which speeds up the process of getting started!
As a Kansas Medicaid HCBS waiver consumer, you have chosen to self-direct your services and act as the sole employer for your caregivers. We are here to support you as your Financial Management Services (FMS) provider. As an FMS provider, we provide the following support services to our consumers:
- We bill Medicaid on your behalf
- We offer timely payroll processing for your caregivers
- We provide the W2 to your workers for tax purposes
- We handle all tax reporting on your behalf for your federal, state, and employer taxes
- We manage your worker’s compensation insurance if you elect to offer it for your caregivers
- We provide a secure portal for you and your workers to see time worked and manage your hours used
- We offer electronic enrollments for all clients and their caregivers, which speeds up the enrollment process
- We provide information and assistance to help you self-direct your services
- We maintain a list of possible caregivers who want to work in your area
- We run comprehensive background checks on all caregivers, as required by the state of Kansas
- We inform you of any legislative or statewide policy changes that could affect your services
- We work closely with the Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) to ensure that everything is in place for your services to be utilized
During the intake process, you will be introduced to our unique style in how we will serve you. Each of our clients is very special and we want to understand your individual needs and concerns. We will explain the roles of self-direction and our policies and procedures with you, so that you are better equipped to manage your services. Our goal is to make life better thru education and support to you and your caregivers. After the phone intake is complete, we will electronically send our paperwork to you for you to complete and return to us.
All caregiver paperwork can be sent electronically and must be complete, signed and returned to Helpers, Inc. before a worker ID number will be issued. Caregivers may not begin working until they have received notification from Helpers, Inc. that they are cleared to work. Without a complete worker application, Helpers, Inc. is not able to process payroll for your caregivers. You can request worker applications from us anytime and we will gladly email them to the caregiver.