Helpers, Inc. would like to share this with you from Grace Church…
We had an amazing night for our Hawaiian SOAR R&R! We had 120 individuals with special needs (1 – 51 y/o), 72 siblings and 319 volunteers take part and SMILES EVERYWHERE! Our older siblings had an great evening at Redeemer Presbyterian Church. I’m sorry I missed it, but I was with you in spirit! I was at an award ceremony as one of the Kindest Kansas Citians! We had several new SOAR families come for the first time as well as many new volunteers who served for the first time! We heard multiple stories of what a blessing the evening was to you. We loved seeing the smiles on the parents faces returning to pick up their kids, and the kids with huge smiles not wanting to go home! All of the pictures will be going on Facebook in the coming days! Please make sure you have shared your pictures with me by Monday, May 11! We would love to have you “like” our Facebook page and review us.
Our next R&R will be WEDNESDAY July 1. ! We will have a Pirate theme! Arrr! To RSVP please email SOAR@visitgracechurch.com and let us know. We are taking reservations now! Please don’t wait until the last minute, unfortunately we had to turn families away for our first time due to not enough volunteers to take more.
We have multiple other opportunities for your family:
- Buddies offered during any of our weekend services.
- Student Ministry SOAR on Sunday evenings
- SOAR Adult Class on Sundays at 11. This is for individuals in Middle School and older
- Our next SOAR Family Support Group on Saturday May 16 from 530-645 pm It will be an open discussion, but you need to RSVP at SOAR@visitgracechurch.com; we do provide child care.
- SOAR Special Needs Day Camp, sponsored by Variety KC, July 20-24. For 3 y/o as of Jan 1, 2015 and up. We only have 29 spots left! The cost is $100 for the entire week which also includes lunch and shirts. You must sign up online by clicking here!
- SOAR SBO Jr (VBS) – Jun 8-11 from 9-1130am. For 4 y/o to those going into 1st grade. The cost is $20 and includes a T-shirt. Register online by clicking here! This is integrated into our regular SBO Jr. and spots are very limited.
- SOAR SBO (VBS) – Jun 15-19 from 9-Noon. For kids going into 2nd grade to those going into 6th grade. The cost is $25 and includes a T-shirt. Register online by clicking here! This is integrated into our regular SBO and spots are very limited.
- SOAR Mom’s Bunko Night – Friday, May 15, from 630-9pm in Room 113 at Grace – Bring your favorite snack and $5 and have a night of laughter, talking with other moms, and just time ot relax! If you can’t afford the $5, come anyway! RSVP with Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO childcare will be available. Prizes for biggest winner, biggest loser, and the most Bunkos!
You can RSVP for any of these, please email SOAR@visitgracechurch.com and let us know.
Thank you again everyone! Be sure to be checking out our facebook page: SOARSpecialNeedsMinistryatGraceChurch in the coming days for pictures from the evening! Also, please share your favorite part of the night on our facebook page! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @SOARSpecialNeed and Instagram @SOARSpecialNeed. If you took pictures from the evening, please share them with me.
Thanks and God Bless
Doc and the SOAR Leadership Team
Stephen “Doc” Hunsley, M.D.
SOAR Special Needs and People Care Pastor